Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Types of Financial Aid
A grant is money set aside by both the state of Arkansas and the federal government for students who need it to pay for college. The most common federal education grant is the Pell Grant. Education grants do not need to be repaid.
Financial aid packages may include more than one type of award. However, the combined total of all awards must not exceed a student’s cost of attendance (COA). If a student’s financial aid package exceeds his/her COA, awards will be adjusted according to federal, state, and institutional guidelines.
Learn how to fill out FAFSA forms.
UA Cossatot Financial Aid Department
To contact financial aid: 870-584-1112
or email FinancialAid@cccua.edu
Learn more about available scholarships & how to apply for them.
Award letters are sent to the email account that the student provided on their FAFSA. If email is not provided, award letters are mailed to the address provided to UA Cossatot Student Services. By accepting the award letter you are certifying that you understand and accept your rights and responsibilities concerning your financial aid at UAC and agree to them. If you do not accept the award as listed on the award letter you must cross out the unwanted award, sign, date and return the award letter to the UA Cossatot Financial Aid Office.
Rights and Responsibilities:
- I certify that I do not owe a refund on any grant or loan, am not in default on any loan, and have not borrowed in excess of the loan limits under Title IV Programs at any institution. I will use all Title IV money received for expenses related to my study at UA Cossatot.
- I certify that I am not receiving financial aid from any other institution other than UA Cossatot.
- I understand the aid awarded is for one academic year only and that I must reapply annually by completing the required forms.
- I must meet the eligibility requirements mandated by the institution and federal regulations which include maintaining satisfactory academic progress as defined by the University of Arkansas at Cossatot.
- I understand that the financial aid offer may be adjusted due to changes in funding or other events unknown at this time.
- I shall notify the Financial Aid Administrator in writing of any changes in my or my family’s financial situation as well as any aid that I receive from outside sources (other than those shown on the award letter). This may result in an adjustment to my financial aid.
- I am entitled to an explanation of the award process which includes the financial aid budget, expected family contribution, and award packaging. Questions regarding any aspect of financial aid should be addressed to the UA Cossatot Financial Aid Office.